Cleaning Services: How to clean your freezer
Cleaning your freezer and your fridge once a year is a thing you have to do to ensure the proper functioning of your machine. If you don’t do that, your freezer might collect a lot of frost on the seal which means that the freezer will have to work harder to keep food frozen: the results will be big electricity bills and a shorter life for your freezer. This is what you have to do to properly clean your freezer:
- Obviously, you have to remove all the frozen food from your freezer into iceboxes during the cleaning process;
- Unplug your freezer and leave it: the frost will become water. Mop underneath your freezer to get rid of the excess water and clean any food or dust that has gathered there;If you want to do it fast, you can use a knife and/or a hammer to remove all the ice stuck on the sides of the freezer: don’t tap too violently;
- Use sponges to collect the water inside the freezer sections;
- After the frost has melted, clean the whole freezer with a sponge, hot water and a towel: a freezer is never really that dirty but things to collect up over time;
- Replace the food in the freezer and plug it back.
- Whatever you are cleaning, the trick to cleaning things properly is doing it regularly to avoid the build up of grime. Happy cleaning of your home!