Home Cleaning: Why it is better to use natural cleaning products
Global warming concerns everybody and every part of our clean blue planet. You must have heard about glaciers melting, sea levels rising and more and more animal species becoming extinct. The greenhouse gases are now higher than at any point in the last 650,000 years. Now, the question is: what can we do to slow down the effects of global warming?
Every little step contributes to a better world. That’s why we can start by using natural products when we do home cleaning. These products are environmentally safer for people and for the planet. In fact, most of the home cleaning products used contain dangerous ingredients, including neurotoxins, carcinogens, allergens, central nervous system depressants, heavy metals, and other agents that can cause and/or contribute to cancer, respiratory problems, allergic reactions, etc.
All these factors must encourage you to stop using these home cleaning products, and start using natural house cleaning products. It is time to change what we are used to do, because if we don’t, perhaps the world won’t be here for our children and grandchildren.
… ( Continue )
House cleaning: How to clean your bathroom
Cleaning the whole house is never an easy task, especially when we have not done that for a while. A good way to ensure that the house cleaning is not so painful is to clean everything quite often and not let the dirt build up too much.
For example, cleaning the bathroom regularly is essential because you use it every day so it’s a lot more hygienic. Here are simple things you can do every week to keep your bathroom clean without doing the whole house cleaning:
- When you get out of the shower, use the squeegee to remove the little drops of water on the walls of the shower, otherwise grime will build up;
- Clean the mirror as soon as you see a blot on it, otherwise it becomes harder to clean;
- Do a quick wipe up of the floor ensuring dirt and hair, etc are removed;
- If you see any mold, don’t wait, clean it straight away with a special house cleaningsolution. Maybe there is a problem with your seals so check if everything is okay. If not, ask for a plumber or re-do the seal.
… ( Continue )
Domestic cleaning:- How to clean your kitchen
When doing the domestic cleaning of your house, you will have to clean your kitchen properly as it gets the dirtiest.
If you are not doing very often, then you need to because the bacterium grows easily and quickly when it’s dirty. Here are our tips to keep your kitchen clean:
- Try to clean your kitchen right after you baked something;
- Clean your dishes everyday: the longer you leave it the harder it gets to clean;
- Use special kitchen cleaning products for special surfaces such as vitro-ceramic hotplates;
- Fill the sink with hot water and soap, it will be very helpful for the rest of the domestic cleaning process;
- Clean the cupboards and the countertop with a sponge;
- Vacuum the floor and then use a mop to clean the tiles;
- Take the advantage of the domestic cleaning by doing some adjustments in your cupboards – throw away items you will not eat or have passed their use-by date;
- Take out the trash twice a week if possible to keep away the cockroaches and the smells.
… ( Continue )
Cleaning services:- How to clean your car
You are using it every day to go to work, you spend a lot of time inside: you must clean your car regularly because you spend time inside. But when you see your car, you don’t know where to start the cleaning. Follow our different steps and everything is going to be okay!
- Start by vacuuming the floor and hit the carpets against the wall so that the dust will come off;
- Also vacuum the inside of the chairs and the upright part of the chairs: there might be some crumbs and dust;
- If there are stains on the chairs, wash them with special cleaning solution if it is a leather chair, or with a smooth sponge and soap if it is a cloth chair;
- Clean the windows of the car on each side: inside and outside! Also don’t forget the windshield, the rear-view mirror, and the outside mirrors;
- Clean the outside of the car with a smooth sponge, and a bucket full of water and soap. Rinse with your garden hose;
- When your car goes for a service it will normally get a clean as part of the service included, but don’t rely on this as a professional cleaning services as it is normally just a superficial clean. For the best possible clean of your vehicle, do it yourself with some passion!
…( Continue )
Cleaning companies:- How to choose the right one
When the time has come to clean our home, some of us prefer do it by themself whereas others will prefer to call a cleaning company to do this. Of course it is cheaper to do it by yourself but there could be a lot of advantages to call a cleaning company. Our list is here to help you choosing the best cleaning company for your home.
- First of all, you can ask your friends or family who have already hired a cleaning company. They can advise you to take one or, on the contrary, not to take one;
- Decide what kind of house cleaning you require: all the bedrooms, the kitchen, bathroom; what items you want to be cleaned: carpets, floors, laundry, dishes; do you want the cleaning company to make the beds, etc;
- Think about what price you would be willing to pay for the cleaning services;
- Some cleaning companies offer free consultations to provide you with a quote (it won’t be the same price if you have 50 square meters or 200…!). The advantage of that is that you will have a proper quote that will not change. Obviously communication is essential to ensure everything you want cleaned gets cleaned.
…( Continue )
Cleaning services Sydney:- How to clean a mattress effectively
In general, a mattress is not the item you clean the most regularly in your house. Sometimes, however, you have to do it, but how? Here are some tips to clean your mattress effectively:
- To clean your mattress, the first thing to do is to vacuum the top and bottom: in fact there are a lot of things on it: dead skin, mites, dust, odours. You should also do the same with your pillows;
- Ask your children for help throughout the cleaning services, it is not always easy to move a mattress on your own;
- Be careful to not soak the mattress, otherwise it could become moldy when cleaning your Sydney property;
- To eliminate the odours on the mattress, you can spray FeBreeze allergy formula on it. You can also do that every time you change the sheets;
- If you are afraid of damage your mattress, you can call a cleaning services company in Sydney who can do it for you.
…( Continue )
Home Cleaning:- How best to clean your windows
One day, standing behind your window, looking at the sunset (only for the most lucky of us, you can also look at your kids playing in the garden!), you just realize that your windows are really dirty. You think it’s high time to wash them, because you have not done a home clean in a long time.
To clean your windows in your home, it’s better to buy the appropriate cleaning products and equipment as opposed to just using a duster and some water. These products and equipment are available for everyone and not exclusive to the professionals you see at the top of the huge buildings. You can buy these items on the internet or at a DIY store, in the housekeeping section.
Items recommended for the effective cleaning of your windows:
- 2 squeegees: one small (0.2m) and one bigger (0.4m) and also rubbers for a possible replacement;
- A cleaning sponge you will use especially for housekeeping;
- A bucket;
- A towel (you can also use a linen you have at home);
- A liquid soap for washing;
- A ladder if you have high windows.
Let’s start the home cleaning with your windows! Mix two caps of the liquid soap for washing in a bucket with water. You can look at the label on the liquid soap bottle to see the good proportions. Soak the sponge in the water and wash the window. Start at the top of the window and then finish at the bottom. Then take the squeegee at the top of the window and finish at the bottom without stopping. Use your towel or your linen to remove the water on the squeegee.
In general, try to clean the dirtiest side of the window in first: most of the time it is the outside of the window. This is a good start because even if this is a small part of home cleaning, when you come from the outside and see that all the windows are clean, it is difficult to think that it’s not the same inside the house!
…( Continue )
House cleaning:- The most efficient way to clean your house!
Cleaning the whole house is a huge task, especially when we don’t do this very often. This list will ensure you do not neglect any nook or cranny during your home clean process.
First of all, you must know that most of the dirt comes from the outside. So you should start the house cleaning by cleaning the outside first:
- There might be some gravel, sand or other little things under the doors: clean it with a long and thin brush which should go between the door and the floor;
- Sweep the outdoor areas;
- Clean your door mat by hitting it against a corner of the house, a wall, or a pole.
Ok, so far you have done a big part, however, now you have to clean the inside of your home. You can also contact a professional house cleaning company: they will do the job fast and efficiently. But if you don’t want to, here are our tips to do the job by yourself efficiently:
- Develop a cleaning plan of attack if you think you have a lot of things to clean. For example: do in the first stage the bedrooms upstairs, then the bathrooms, then the toilets, etc;
- Tidy the mess in the bedrooms;
- Take the opportunity by cleaning the bed linen and the pillowcases;
- Listen to music as the house cleaning will be more fun and the time will pass quicker;
- Once you have started to clean an area, finish it;
- Wear comfortable clothes : do not wear a long top or pants that you will need to keep pulling up;
- Select all the products you will use to clean the different areas of the house;
- Open your windows during and after the cleaning: it will keep your air fresh and will minimize the smell of the cleaning chemical products;
- Begin by doing vacuum cleaning;
- Take care of the area and use the appropriate products : do not use a tiled floor cleaning solution for a wooden floor;
- Clean the window panes with a special solution, a scraper and a duster;
- Use an anti-calcareous solution for the bath and all the taps in your house.
Do the house cleaning regularly as you will have fewer things to do next time. Good luck with the cleaning of your home, hopefully by the end it looks fresh and clean just like a brand new home!
…( Continue )
Office cleaning:- How to clean your desk efficient
Sometimes, your desk is so messy that you know you have to clean your office but you don’t know how, and where you should start. Otherwise, a clean and tidy desk is a way to boost the productivity for those who are working on it. Let’s see together how to do office cleaning efficiently:
- Pick up all the papers into a pile;
- Find a dustbin where you will dump all your unwanted papers;
- Classify the rest of the papers;
- Pick up your cups, plates and bring them back to the kitchen;
- Put your pencils, pens away: in a drawer for example;
- Give your desk a quick dust with a damp cloth (you can also use a with a special solution for cleaning);
- Put in a little box all your staples, paper clips, sharpener … ;
- There is a lot of things on your desk: office cleaning is also clean your mouse, keyboard, phone, computer’s screen;
- Empty your dustbin: you’re done with cleaning services!
Don’t forget that more you do it often, less you will have to do next time!
…( Continue )
House cleaning:- How to get your bond back
This is how it goes: you are moving from your rented apartment to another place. You are worrying about not having your bond returned. Keep reading to learn the secrets of how to ensure to get your bond back, after you completed the house cleaning.
– If everything is okay and your landlord is not too demanding, you will have you bond back without any problem;
– If your landlord is watching you under a close eye, you must be careful with the cleaning and the damage. In general, the main reasons for that the bond was not returned to the tenant are: a damaged wall, floor or roof; or if the house cleaning has been neglected over the term of the lease;
– If your landlord doesn’t want to give your bond back, ask them to let you fix the damage or what you have not cleaned up properly (do the house cleaning a second time, repair the kitchen’s door…);
– If the return of the bond is still a problem, then you could contact some associations existing to ensure your money will be returned. (This website could be helpful: http://www.tenants.org.au/, it is an association of tenants in NSW)
…( Continue )